12 Ways to Style Mom Jeans this Fall/Winter
While some fashion trends come and go, mom jeans are here to stay. Mom jeans are a high-waisted, slightly relaxed-fit denim style. They usually have a straight leg or slightly tapered silhouette and can be worn cuffed or un-cuffed. Like almost all fashion trends, mom jeans have made a strong comeback in the last decade, and are one of the most popular styles of denim for women today.
The top two reasons mom jeans are a closet essential are:
- They’re flattering and lengthen the look of your legs. The high-waisted style and slightly tapered leg looks great on most body types and can accentuate the waistline and make the legs appear longer and more slender.
- They’re easy to style. Mom jeans are super versatile and can easily be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.
Mom jeans have been having a moment lately, and it’s easy to see why. They’re comfortable, versatile, and they make a stylish statement. Here are 12 ways to style mom jeans and make them look chic this fall and winter.
Mom Jeans + Trench Coat
Want to spice up your go-to trench? Pair it with high waist mom jeans, a cropped sweater, and matching booties. The mix of classic and trendy pieces gives an effortless result worthy of becoming your go-to outfit.
Style Tip: As it gets colder one of the best ways to make a trench coat (or any of your layering pieces) look cooler is to layer a hoodie underneath, rather than a tee or sweater. The hood coming out of the top serves as a little something extra to draw the eye, and it’s perfect for transitional weather of any season.
Mom Jeans + Bodysuit
A basic long sleeve bodysuit paired with mom jeans is the perfect simple-but-chic fall and winter outfit. Dress it up with heels and a shoulder bag or for a casual fall outfit through on some chunky sneakers.
Style Tip: Take advantage of the long shacket trend that’s everywhere this season and pair it with your bodysuit and mom jean combo. The extra length of the shacket will give the outfit a totally different feel than a short one, and it will keep you warm on chilly days.
Mom Jeans + Cardigan
Looking for a new way to style your white long sleeve top? Pair it with a colorful cardigan then top it off with mom jeans and chunky gold accessories.
Mom Jeans + Vest
This outfit is perfect for those in-between weather days, when it's not that warm but not that cold and you have no idea what to wear. No you do. A vest is perfect to layer on top of a white long sleeve top and mom jeans. Through on some matching booties to finish the outfit.
Mom Jeans + Blk & White Sweater
This outfit is perfect for running errands, coffee runs, shopping days you name it. Pair your high waist mom jeans with a white stripped sweater, and Berkenstocks for and effortless casual fall outfit.
Mom Jeans + White Shirt
Sometimes the best outfits are built from elevated basics, and this is a prime example of that. Pair your medium wash high waist mom jeans with a simple white t-shirt and a leather shacket. To finish the look add a black handbag, black sunglasses and black leather booties. This outfit is perfect for the transitional weather days.
Mom Jeans + Black Turtleneck
A turtleneck and mom jeans is the perfect go to outfit for those days when you don't feel like putting too much thought into your outfit but still want to look put together. Wear this to run errands, go shopping, meet up with friends for lunch or even to work on a casual Friday. This is the perfect go to fall and winter look that you can throw on any time for any occasion.
Try out the following variations on this look:
- Black Turtleneck Bodysuit – Show off you shape by wearing a turtleneck bodysuit. Pair with some black leather booties, large square sunglasses, and a large black leather tote bag for an effortless chic outfit.
- Black Turtleneck Sweater – For a more casual fall and winter outfit pair a turtleneck sweater with your favorite mom jeans, crossbody bag and sneakers.
Mom Jeans + Button up
A classic combo: mom jeans and button-up. It’s an outfit that just can’t be beaten. Not only is it refreshing to keep it simple, but it’s endlessly chic and re-wearable. If you’re itching to switch it up, turn to your accessories to alter your outfit to fit the day’s mood.
Mom Jeans + Graphic Tee
A graphic tee paired mom jeans is the perfect throw on and go to outfit. Tuck it in, wear it oversized, or throw a button-up on top. A classic graphic tee can be worn year-round with your favorite pair of jeans.
Style Tip: If you want to elevate it for fall, add similar textures throughout the outfit, like a black leather jacket and suede bag.
Mom Jeans + Sweatshirt
For a quick casual outfit pair your favorite sweatshirt with some mom jeans.
Mom Jeans + Blazer
There’s nothing as classic white top and blazer moment, and nothing completes it better than the perfect pair of mom jeans. Top it off with your favorite loafer or sneaker for a foolproof, where-everywhere look.
Besides blazer style, play with color, texture, and print to make the look your own. Some of our favorite options include:
- Monochromatic– a monochromatic look is an easy way to have a chic look with minimal effort. For a classic black monochromic look. Pair a black turtleneck bodysuit with some black mom jeans and a black blazer.
- Prints –Animal print or any type of strips or checked print are a great way to add some flare to your outfit. A leopard or stripped blazer adds contrast to a versatile neutral top.
Mom Jeans + Sweater
The best thing about fall is wearing cozy sweaters. For a quick fall outfit grab your favorite cozy sweater and pair it with some medium wash high waist mom jeans. Whether you dress yours up with booties or keep it simple with some sneakers, it’s the perfect base for layering. Or, you can wear it alone on warmer days. Whether you opt to dress it up or down, there’s really no going wrong.
Try out the following variations on this look:
- Oversized sweater – For a more casual laid back outfit, wear and oversized sweater with your mom jeans. Finish off the look with some sneakers, minimal jewelry and a tote bag.
- Cropped Sweater – To extenuate your shape pair some high waisted mom jeans with a cropped sweater. To dress up the look add booties, jewelry and a cute bag.
Have Effortless Style With The Style District
Mom jeans are trendy, and it’s clear why. They’re not only ultra-comfortable, but also chic, flattering, and versatile. But an outfit is only as fabulous as the quality of its pieces. That’s where The Style District steps in. Our selection of high quality denim is perfect for any top and any season. Shop our denim today and never worry again about having clothes that sit unworn in your closet